Paint Webster Frequently Asked Questions
- If I pre-registered online, can I pay the $10 fee at Yucandu on Saturday morning, or do I need to use the PayPal form on the website? Also, do I need to check in on the morning of the event?
You can pay at Yucandu, 20 Allen, or online. Pre-registration makes things go faster, but ALL PAINTERS must have their paper/canvas stamped at Yucandu between 8-10 am on Saturday morning. That assures fairness and that everyone is painting that day.
- Do we have to begin painting at a certain time, or is any time after registration begins at 8 am okay?
You can start painting anytime after your paper/canvas is stamped.
- I see that the reception is from 4:30 to 6:30; what time do paintings need to be turned in at the Monday Club?
Paintings can be turned in between 2:30-3:30.
- How are paintings displayed for sale? Do we need to have a frame ready to go?
You do not have to have your work matted/framed, but many artists do. We ask adults to display their work on their easels (we don't have hanging space), so you can display your work just as you created it, if you wish.
- Are there any restrictions as to where in Webster we need to paint (are we required to only paint in the Old Orchard area, for example)?
You may paint anywhere in Webster. There are awards for the best painting in the three business districts: Old Webster, Old Orchard and Crossroads. There is also an award for the best floral painting, and for the best painting by an "Urban Senior (over age 65)." Other awards are First, Second, and Third Place, Mayor's Choice, and People's Choice.
- Is there a limit on number of paintings we can submit for the reception and show?
There is no limit to the number of paintings, but to be judged your paper/canvas must be stamped at Yucandu.
- Is there a commission taken on any work sold, and if so, how much?
This year is there is a 20% suggested commission. It's not required but we hope that painters will help support the cost of Paint Webster.
- Who sponsors Paint Webster?
Paint Webster is an annual program of Webster Arts, a nonprofit organization. We are funded by individual gifts and by these generous sponsors: Webster University, Old Orchard Business District, Old Webster Business District, Crossroads Business District, Ginger Krueger (Opal Award), Grafica Fine Art & Custom Framing (Mayor's Award), and Pacifica Place and Dave & Jane Sanders (Urban Senior Award). Thank you!