Call for Art: Webster Arts Center Pop-up Shop
Webster Arts invites professional artists to submit work to be included in the new Webster Arts Center Pop-up Shop. Work sought includes all 2D and 3D works.
The Pop-Up Shop will be open Monday-Saturday during November & December, and will be adjacent to the new Webster Arts Center gallery, opening this fall.
Submitted work will be for sale and be promoted as suitable for gift-giving. Items should range in price from $20 - $200. All work must be the original design and execution of the artist. Webster Arts retains a 35% commission on work sold. All items must be available through Dec. 31. 2017.
Suitable items include, but are not limited to:
· Pottery & Ceramics
· Hand-dyed or hand-woven wear-ables and household items (placemats, table runners, etc.)
· Blown or fused glass
· Photography (must be framed, with wires)
· Painting, collage or other 2D work (must be framed or gallery wrapped, with wires)
· Purses & bags
- Please note: Artist must be aged 18 or older.
- Work must show an identity of design and be made by hand by the artist. All work must be the original work of the accepted artist. No artwork from molds, kits or other commercial methods is allowed.
- Copies from the works of masters, advertisements, vintage photographs, and widely circulated photographs are not considered original works of art and will not be permitted.
Please send 3 good quality images of work to be considered for inclusion in the shop. The image files should be in HIGH QUALITY JPEG format, images should be no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13”) and 72dpi. This should result in most image files ranging from 700kb to 2mb in file size (this is approximate). Email files to email@example.com with Subject line: Popup Shop.
Please title the work with your name and number corresponding to the number on the application (i.e. Johanna_Burg1.jpg, Johanna_Burg2.jpg, etc.) AND fill out the on-line application form. There is no jury fee.
Deadline for Entry: October 8, 2017
Jury Fee: $0
Application Form: All artists must complete this form:
Eligibility: Submission is open to any artist, over the age of 18. No work produced under instruction or from classroom assignments. No work derived from other artwork or copies of masters.
Delivery and Return of Work: All work accepted for the exhibition must arrive ready to install. Works not gallery-ready, or not exhibiting good craftsmanship, may be omitted from the shop. All work must be framed or gallery wrapped, with wires for hanging. No saw-toothed hangers.
IMPORTANT! Accepted work that differs significantly from the entry images or suffers from poor presentation, will not be added to the shop for sale. Wall mounted work must be framed or gallery wrapped canvas with proper wire hangar. Please note that professional-level presentation is a must.
October 8, 2017 — Deadline for receipt of entries
October 15 — Notifications sent to artists
October 25— Art must be delivered to gallery by this date
Webster Arts is a nonprofit community arts organization.